Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Battle

Sorry it has been forever since I have updated, but life here in VA Beach has been SUPER busy. My days have been filled with working during the day, various meetings at night and little things in between. So needless to say I haven’t even touched a computer for the past week, which in some ways has been very refreshing.
To give you a little update on some of the bigger things of project, I’ll start with The Battle. The Battle is a somewhat choreographed fight between “Good” and “Evil”. So the men dressed up and made their armor and weapons out of cardboard, and the women dressed up in their assigned colors (Red=Good, Blue=Evil), and then we marched to the beach and this is where the battle began. There were hundreds of people surrounding us to watch this battle, and so after the battle ended, the last man standing gave an inspiring speech about what it takes to live forever and be on the side left standing. After this we surveyed people on what they thought about the battle and got to share the gospel with some of the people watching, and some people even made a decision that night to ask Jesus into their lives. The Battle was also very community building for us as we joined together to spread God’s Word in and effective way.
Over the last three and a half weeks here the Lord has taught me a lot about Himself as well as taught me a lot about myself. I am excited to see what else the Lord wants to do in my life this summer and can’t wait to share with you guys as he does : )

1 comment:

  1. The Battle sounds so cool! I saw pictures and just assumed it was like a capture the flag thing. I love that it was used to serve the Lord.

    ReplyDelete