Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Emotional Rollercoaster

In my last post it was brought to my attention that not everyone reading my blog knows what I am doing in Virginia Beach. So for those of you who don’t know what I am doing this summer in Virginia Beach, I will be staying down here for 10 weeks (June5-August10) this summer with an organization called Campus Crusade for Christ, on a Summer Project with 70+ student and staff from Crusades all around the region. What this summer project consists of is, obtaining a job, where I will work full time and get to know my co workers and share the gospel in any way I can with them. We will also be going out into the community to build relationships with the people here and spread God’s Word within the community. It is a time for growing closer in my walk with the Lord as well as sharing the love of Christ with others : ) We also have small group Bible studies and weekly worship meeting to strengthen our relationship with the Lord.
 I have been in VA Beach for a couple of days now and am feeling SO many mixed emotions. A lot of emotions that I can't explain, but emotions none the less. I am so very excited to be here and to find out what the Lord has in store for me this summer, but at the same time I am very overwhelmed and anxious. My anxiety mostly comes from being away from home for 10 weeks, but I keep reminding myself of the amazing things that the Lord will be teaching me this summer, and I am SO grateful to be here. We have been pretty busy the first couple of days, and as you can imagine, being very busy and being awake for 48 hours straight doesn't really mix well, so to say the least I was overwhelmed by the busyness and the newness o fit all the first couple of days. Most of all though, I am feeling excitement as I embark on this new adventure and grow closer to the Lord. I am excited to make lifelong friends and learn invaluable lifelong lessons from Our Creator.
As I asked in my previous post, would you, if you would like, pray for me on this journey. Right now, I would specifically ask for prayer with feeling anxious and overwhelmed in this new environment, as well as praying that I would dive head first into this adventure and soak in every little bit of it. Pray that my heart and mind would stay focused on Jesus and what the Lord is teaching me in my time here, and I would be able to continue to grow from it when I am gone. One more prayer that I would ask you to lift, is for job opportunities for me. I have applied to quite a few places, and specifically, I will be getting a call from the VA Beach Field House tomorrow (Wednesday) about a camp counselor position that would be an incredible opportunity to have.
Thank you once again for journeying alongside of me in this crazy thing called life : )
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment