Saturday, June 11, 2011

On the Hunt...

Job hunt that is ;)

No, I did not get the job at the field house, which was a TOTAL bummer, but I have realized that it’s not where the Lord would like to place me this summer. He has other plans for me, and I am trusting in His plan. However, I have been up and down the board walk and everywhere in between, and no one seems to be hiring. The economy is suffering, which does not help my hunt. I have submitted about a dozen applications thus far, in store and online, and now all I can do is call back about my application status and wait. Wait for that call that offers me a job. I may go a little further inland to see who is hiring, but I hear there is not much luck there either. No worries though, this is just one bump in the road of many, on this amazing adventure.
            Through this, seemingly never ending, job hunt though, the Lord has taught me a few things. He has definitely humbled me, teaching me that finding a job won’t always be easy, as it has been for me in the past. He has also taught me to trust in Him and in His plan for my life more. Lately, this has been tough for me. I know that the Lord has a good and faithful plan for my life, but I often find myself thinking, “Well what if it doesn’t end up like I want it to?” or I ask the Lord “Can I just have control of this part of my life, and you can have this other part instead?”. But in this job hunt the Lord has led me to lean on Him and to trust His plan for my life, instead of my own.
            As I continue this search, I find myself reflecting over and over again on this verse:
“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose for them” Romans 8:28
I ask for prayer as I continue this search, and that I will continue to lean on the Lord and follow the plan that He has for me this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment