Thursday, August 11, 2011

VBSP Update #1

Hey Friends : )
            Okay so I know there are no excuses for not writing any blog posts for the last month and a half, but I have been SUPER busy and have had literally NO time to write and post any. So over the next few days I am going to describe the amazingness of my summer to the best of my ability : )
So I left off with the Battle which was pretty great, but that is only the beginning. A week after the battle is when the staff left project to leave the students in charge of the rest of project. Each of the students on project got a specific job, to keep things running smoothly. The specific job that I received was an Action Group Leader. What the heck is that? Well, I’ll tell ya ; ) An AG leader leads a Tuesday night bible study with about 3 or 4 others girls in the study. AG leaders prepare the study, and teach it to the rest of their group on Tuesday nights. AG leaders are also responsible for having discipleship times with two other students that are set up throughout the week. During this discipleship time, we just share how life is going, and challenge each other to live a Christ centered life in whatever we may be struggling with. (Kind of like accountability partners.) Also, during this time we go out onto the beach or the boardwalk to share the gospel with the beach-goers or boardwalkers : ) I was truly blessed with the job that I was given, because it taught me a lot about what it means to lead others in the Word of God and what it means to be a good mentor and friend to those that I lead. It was a good role to be challenged in as well because I will be leading a bible study when I get back onto campus, and it was a good taste of what is to come.
Friends, I am so excited to share the rest of project with you over the next few days and in the conversations to come! Thanks for being patient : )

No comments:

Post a Comment