Sunday, August 12, 2012

God's Holiness


Holy (adj.)- exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness.

In the last five weeks of project, the Lord really began to show me how Holy he is. I know I cannot fully comprehend it, and never will be able to because I am only human and He is, well, God, but what He did reveal to me was absolutely incredible.  In the midst of my doubt and unbelief He revealed Himself to me in a powerful and stunning light. Even when I was doubting the very being He was and who He was in my life, He looked on me and said “ I long to reveal myself to you. I will show you whatever I have to, to prove myself to you, no matter what you think of me. I love you that much. I will not let you go.” What incredible and never-ending love.

If you take a look in Isaiah 6 verses 1-3, it paints a beautiful picture of just how Holy our God is.

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”

Right away in verse 1 it shows how big and worthy He is. He is high and exalted the train of his robe filled the temple. Then Isaiah mentions the seraphs. Seraphs are defined as- a member of the highest order of angels, often represented as a child's head with wings above, below, and on each side. If you look at verse 2 it says that the seraphs covered their faces. They are members of the highest order of angels and God is so holy that even they can’t look at Him. All the seraphs did was fly above His throne and sing out “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” That is all they did, day and night, everyday, all the time. What would it look like for us to praise God day and night, everyday, all the time? He is so worthy of that kind of praise.

This is just a small glimpse into just how holy our God is. How crazy is that.

Through this study, the Lord revealed Himself so true in my life. He revealed so much of his character to me. He is my Rock, my Savior, Redeemer, Father, Comforter, Creator, the Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End, and so much more. He is so powerful, just, merciful, gracious, loving, kind, gentle, strong, compassionate, and good. He only wants good for me. Even if it means taking me through the most difficult situations, it is a chance for him to reveal his power and sovereignty to me. It creates a more intimate relationship with him, and he does that for me. My God is a jealous God and He will do ANYTHING to keep me. I can’t even begin to wrap my mind around that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment